Wednesday, November 28, 2007

#21 - podcasts

Podcasts are an area of web 2.0 that I have been curious about for some time but have never really played with. This exercise was therefore a good opportunity. I had a play with the listed search tools & found a few library related podcast feeds.

However, at the time I was working on this I was directed to a podcast about the Amazon Kindle as part of a discussion in the comments of my other blog. I decided that I would use that as the experience for my first podcast. It was really good to listen to, but I'm not sure that I will get into podcasts in a big way simply because the format does not quite suit me. I follow enough blogs now that I simply can't read them all in depth and tend to skim through the feeds, stopping on things that grab my attention. It's much harder to skim through a podcast. I could listen to them on the train, but this is the time I do most of my book reading.

This leaves me in a slight quandry. I think that podcasts are wonderful and definitely hear to stay. Their usefulness for broadcasting library events is obvious, but they don't quite suit the way I operate. I might try subscribing to a couple just to see how I go for a while.

No comments: