Tuesday, October 30, 2007

#13 - del.icio.us

I have been using del.icio.us for sometime as my main bookmarking tool. I like having my bookmarks available whether I am home, work, the library, wherever. Most of the time, that is all I use it for.

Having said that, the social side of it can be handy too. Searching for something with del.icio.us adds a layer of human selection when compared with a simple search engine. You know that someone found the page interesting, or useful. You can even see how many people liked it. You can skim straight past the sites that only a few people liked and focus on the sites that have been tagged my a large number of people. This is one of the key aspects of a web 2.0 application. Del.icio.us can also be a handy browsing tool by looking for sites with a certain tag

I have always liked the site. It is easy to navigate. There is just enough information, without overdoing it. The layout works well for me. Posting new links & selecting tags is easy. I particularly like some of the little things like using progressively darker shades of orange to mark pages that have been tagged by more people.

All up, a site I really like and will no doubt continue to use frequently. My tag cloud is now on the sidebar.

No comments: