Wednesday, October 10, 2007

#7 - technology

I like technology.

A lot.

I like my computer. Well, I don't so much like my computer with it's noisy fan, too slow processor & too little RAM, but I like having a computer and regularly dream of a new Mac.

I love having broadband at home. I seriously could not go back to dial-up or heaven forbid, no internet at all. There's the web 2.0 stuff I do like my blog, facebook, librarything, following other blogs and participation in forums. But perhaps what I would miss most with no broadband at home is the way it has become my newspaper, TV guide, phone book, cook book, weather guide, train timetable, map service etc etc etc.

I also love my Palm Treo 680. I've had various Palm devices for the last 7 or 8 years. The others were all pure PDAs so I also carried a mobile phone. The Treo is a smart phone, it has all the PDA functions I use and is a phone. Yay. It is my phone, diary, to do list, alarm clock, document reader & editor, random thought note taker, solitaire game and low resolution camera for filming aj so her grandparents can see her on youtube. I even use it as a torch to find my clothes in the morning so I don't have to turn the light on. There is heaps more that can be done with a Treo, but this pretty much covers most of what I do with it. I would love to make use of its internet access but can't bring myself to pay the $$ involved.

No comments: